- Learn to be motivated.
- Don't keep any temptations around (Sure... Let me just whip everyone at getty's and whatnot that put Doritos on the table).
- Whenever temptation occurs battle it with a book or movie you enjoy! (Because Shakespeare doesn't make me want to kill myself with a calorie overdose... and how's about I watch a movie while I...chew on my nails?)
- Keep a "skinny" outfit aside as motivation
- Have a hearty breakfast to avoid "binging" between meals (Yes, on a 1200 calorie diet, oatmeal, egg whites, and wheat bread is definately going to keep me energized throughout the day!)
- Last but not least (my favorite): Keep a bag of healthy snacks to munch on whenever temptations are encountered (Ok... For Superbowl Sunday whenever everyone is eating pizza, nachos and cheese, the works, I'll stay strong with my carrot stick in my hand).
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
If a person speaks their mind without thinking about how they'll offend someone, we're often quick to label them terms such as: "bitch", "ass", "jerk", "tool", the harsh names are endless. However, what makes a bitch a bitch? Is it the girl in the club who points out flaws such as frizzy hair and awkwardness about other people? What makes a jerk a jerk? Is it the guy who cuts you off in a traffic jam and flips you the bird in the meantime? If those are the stereotypical jerks and asses of our nation, don't we all secretly posses these traits? I'm going to confess here, my name is Jade and I'm a secret jerkaholic. Although I wouldn't dare to voice my thoughts "out there", I have certain peeves that choke me till this day.