There's one thing that really gets to me and causes me to spaz out every time I see it happen. Can anyone take a guess? Well, I'll give you a little story... Imagine being in the bathroom with someone, hearing an orchestra of bodily noises, followed by the smell of some ungodly stench, after trying to brace myself from not giggling, I hear the sound of the double flush (obviously full of who knows what), a zipper being pulled up, the bathroom stall opening, followed by the bathroom door opening. I couldn't believe what I just didn't hear. My eyes opened with shock and horror at the missing element in this range of sounds.
Where the hell was the sink and blow dryer in this equation?! I don't care if the person had a glove on when doing their business, by the sounds of what was going on in there, it didn't sound like this person was doing too well. Wash your hands people! There's all kind of germs and excess build up of funky stuff on hands as one proceeds with their daily activities. Please relieve your skin with a little wash! Stop horrifying people, such as myself...
There are a couple of "theories" on why people do not wash their hands that I found interesting:
- Pure Laziness: Yes... Because it takes so much work to pump a little soap into a person's hand and scrub it for 15 seconds and rinse. Man, I'm just sweating thinking about the hard labor..
- Hypochondria: Believe it or not, there are people out there that think they will catch more germs by touching the sink and other products in the bathroom. *Newsflash* There's a chance of getting sick and catching all sorts of illnesses if you don't wash your hands.
So please, creepy poopie lady inside the Target restroom, do us all a favor and wash your hands next time you decide to have an explosion. I know what you did... And there's no turning back time, but there are ways of improving the hygiene. There's a good reason for that too! Besides catching illnesses like the flu or other viruses, it can also spread to other people. I understand that they're "your germs", but I sure as hell don't want "your germs". My germs are happy playing by themselves, and I'm sure others would agree. In all seriousness, think of other people. When someone doesn't wash their hands, their germs can easily spread on any object, food that we put in our mouths, and pass on to children easily whom have weaker immune systems. Studies show that 1 in 3 E. coli outbreaks are caused by poor handwashing or no handwashing by food preparers.
So for those fellow nonwashers out there, wash away! It's not hard, here are certain guidelines to follow when washing:
- Wash hands with warm water (not hot...don't kill yourself people) and soap.
- Scrub your hands gently for fifteen to twenty minutes (or as they suggest in elementary school, sing Happy Birthday as you're washing your hands...Um...I don't suggest doing that at a bar or a club because they'll definately cut you off with the drinks.)
- For all those hypochondriacs out there afraid of "catching" other peoples germs when touching the sink...No worries, shut the faucet off with a paper towel if needed.
- Last but not least... I don't have to tell you the rest... Just wipe your damn hands and walk out the door.